This two-day course is different from some of our other courses which focus specifically on trading. Here we focus on developing your understanding of wealth management, longer-term equity investing, valuation of companies, fund management styles and tax planning.
Delegates will be introduced to the benefits of long-term investing, and various techniques for investing across a wide variety of assets. Whether you’re looking for investment opportunities, need assistance with estate planning, advice on valuing a firm or simply want to learn some expert saving techniques for retirement planning, London Academy of Trading will ensure your money is secure.
Our tutors have years of experience and can give you the latest advice to make your money work harder for you. At different times of your life, you need to make your money work in a variety of ways, so this course helps you understand how to achieve your specific financial goals.
Whatever your investment goals, LAT can help get you there.
- Benefits of longer term investing
- Objectives, risk tolerance and timeframe
- Market cycles, fiscal and monetary policy
- Earnings announcements
- Shareholder composition
- Other Considerations
Valuing a Company
- Primary factors influencing valuation
- Capital structure
- Diluted equity value
- Enterprise value
- DCF model, discount rate
- Ratios – P/E and PEG ratios, sales multiples, EPS, dividend yield and cover, NAV
- Book value
- Illiquidity discount
- Investment theories - Passive vs active management
- Different asset classes and geographic markets
- Investment styles - Top down, Bottom-up, Thematic and Contrarian
- Growth vs value and growth vs income portfolios
- Defensive to adventurous portfolios
- Portfolio construction, efficient frontier
- Diversification, correlation
- Liquidity and risk management
- Hedging – indices, options, ETFs, pairs trading
- Counterparty exposure
- Appraising Performance
- Roadmap for the future and the need for advice
- Attitude to risk and capacity for loss
- Portfolio selection
- Retirement planning
- Estate planning – intergenerational wealth
- Long term care
- Unit trusts and investment trusts
- Investment bonds
- EIS and VCT
- Business Relief Solutions
- Fund Administration Bond
- Offshore assets
- Excluded Property Trust
- Business Investment Relief
- International Trustee Bond
- International Loan Plan
- Offshore Investment Bond
- Allowances, reliefs and exemptions
The decision to choose an educator was very hard considering the market place and how many educator...
Sales Manager, FxPro
LAT Taught me to analyse the financial markets in a very special way, focusing on identifying what matters the most.
Funds Data Analyst, Bloomberg
This course looked to be the best option to me both because it's supervised by one of the top business school...
Fixed Income & Derivatives, Natixis Bank
You May Also Be Interested in