This course provides a practical introduction to options trading. Our specialist tutor, Christopher Eagle, has decades of options trading experience and this will enable students to gain the maximum benefit from the academic and practical sessions.
The course provides students with an understanding of the derivatives markets (futures and options) and how they are traded. It also explains the construction and applications of payoff diagrams, and introduces a number of options trading strategies.
Course Delivery: Study online over the course of 2 weeks via four 90-minute interactive online sessions. Students will have access to an options trading platform to support their learning, and will actively participate in trading sessions to gain an understanding of how what they have learnt is applicable in real-life scenarios.
Week 1: Introduction to the basics of options (puts, calls, spreads, straddles and strangles), using practical examples to illustrate academic concepts.
Week 2: Practical trading sessions will enable delegates to apply what they have learnt to create options trading strategies, with help and guidance from the tutor. Week 1 academic themes will also be developed further, introducing the Greeks and further options trading strategies.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of options trading
- Recognise different option payoff profiles
- Develop options trading strategies in real-time markets
Four interactive 90-minute sessions
- Introduction to futures markets
- Commodities, interest rates, currency and equity futures
- Introduction to options - concepts and options jargon
- Basic option positions and profit and loss payoff profiles
- Simple option structures
- Bull/bear spreads
- Straddle and strangle
- Explanation and application of the Greeks
- Review of some preset portfolios (focusing on FX options)
- Delegates arrive with views of their own across different time frames
- Review of trade plans
- Discussion of applicable trade types
- Work with delegates to create dummy trade ideas
- Work together through examples of what works and what doesn’t
- Discuss and review delegates’ dummy trade ideas
I chose LAT as it had the best recommendations on the internet, well that got me...
Trader Private Equity & Investment Fund
I chose LAT because I was searching for a credible and recognised program
Economic and Social Sciences student at Bocconi University
Now I am trading on my own and starting to invest wisely
Group Internal Auditor at HeidelbergCement
You May Also Be Interested in