With COVID-19 restrictions eased across England, LAT still have measures in place to ensure you can come and safely experience our live trading floor and receive personalised interactions with our expert mentors.
Don’t forget that you can also learn to trade from the comfort of your home with our online classes which are more popular than ever!
This one-week trading course is great for those who have an interest in trading and want to take the first step in the financial markets.
Introduction to Financial Markets and Trading is a trading course targeting beginners. Learners will receive an introduction to the world of trading right in the heart of London’s financial centre. We start with a beginners guide to financial markets and work from the bottom up. The programme then moves on to look at a day in the life of a trader, before giving you a good overview of fundamental and technical analysis and evaluation of macro-economic data releases. We look into the topic of trading psychology and examine the effects this can have on trading performance.
With a focus on currencies, commodities and major indices during the programme, you will be encouraged to trade real-time markets on a demo trading platform. You will be fully supported by our team throughout the day, helping you through the trading experience. Our expert lecturers will be the ones to guide you through this learning experience; the LAT faculty have vast experience in the trading sector and will pass their knowledge and skills on to you, preparing you physically and mentally for a future involving the financial markets.
All of our mentors are experienced traders and their knowledge will be vital in helping you to develop and enhance your understanding of the trading industry.
Introduction to Financial Markets
- What are financial markets, who trades them and why
- Market jargon and the roles of retail banks, investment banks, central banks and brokers
Financial Market Economics
- Macroeconomic data - Interest rates, inflation, economic cycles, etc.
- Central Bank influence - Monetary policy
- Government influence - Fiscal policy
Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- How to analyse financial markets from a fundamental perspective
- Technical analysis – how to analyse charts and price action
- Support, resistance and price trends
- Pattern recognition
- Japanese candlestick analysis
- Moving averages and momentum indicators
Trading Psychology and Risk Management
- Understanding natural human biases and how to avoid emotional pitfalls when trading
- How to manage risk, per trade and within a portfolio
- Virtual practical trading sessions to apply learned knowledge
I chose LAT because I was searching for a credible and recognised program
Economic and Social Sciences student at Bocconi University
Helped me define exactly what I want to do and put me down the right path
Analyst, ITC Squawk
I chose LAT as it had the best recommendations on the internet, well that got me...
Trader Private Equity & Investment Fund
You May Also Be Interested in
1 week | Start 10 Jan
ONLINE | ON CAMPUS