Our accredited Advanced Trading Course has been designed to enable you to become an expert in trading in just 12 weeks. Whether you want to trade commodities, crypto, equities or forex, we'll explain how these assets are correlated and we’ll provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to thrive on financial markets.
LAT is proud to offer a range of online study options (see below), as well as on-campus and blended learning (combining both online and on-campus study). When spending time on LAT’s City trading floor you’ll have dedicated access to a dual-screen trading desk and face-to-face access to our mentors for 10 hours every day, meanwhile on our online courses you'll enjoy interactive live sessions with our expert tutor support just a click of a button away!
Flexibility: We aim to be as flexible as possible to enable you to fit your course around other commitments, so you can pause and restart your chosen course at any time and we offer interest-free payments to help spread the cost.
Premium Plus package add-on: Live Lecture Recordings - £499
The Advanced Trading Course is our premier accredited course, which, upon successful completion of the relevant assignments, you will receive a Level 5 Diploma in Applied Financial Trading. The course has been designed to provide candidates with a comprehensive understanding of how different trading techniques are used in real life situations by financial market professionals, through theoretical modules and practical sessions on our city trading floors. The course requires little or no previous knowledge of trading, although candidates with some experience should find this course particularly beneficial.
The course is comprised of academic and practical elements, beginning with an introduction to financial markets and an outline of the basics of trading. Fundamental news and political events are the cause of most significant market moves, so macroeconomic events and their impact upon financial markets, are discussed on an unfolding and real-time basis. Technical analysis is also a major driver of financial markets, so the course provides detailed explanations of technical analysis tools and explains how these trading techniques can be combined to build robust and reliable trading strategies. There is also strong emphasis given to trading psychology and risk management and how the natural human emotions of hope, fear, greed and over-confidence can adversely affect your trading decisions.
Where to start?
- Understanding of the FX market
- Currency comparisons
- Fundamental, Political and Macroeconomic Analysis
- How and why this affects the markets
- Checking daily macro news
Building a Trading Strategy
- Fundamental or Technical approach?
- Identifying a trade from conception to execution
- Timeframe analysis
- Risk management and lot sizing
Analysing Price Action
- Identifying major market levels – support, resistance, trends and channels
- Strength of major market levels
- Potential market moves when approaching these levels
- Setting price targets and stop losses
- Are our price targets realistic?
- Reasons for stop levels – ensuring trades have enough time to develop
- Using Japanese candlestick analysis to identify shifts in sentiment
- Identifying price patterns and using them to identify possible market levels
- Introduction to Moving Averages and MACD
- Identify underlying trends
- Generating trading signals
- Bollinger Bands
- Volume and On-Balance Volume analysis
- Oscillators and Momentum Indicators
- Construction and interpretation of RSI and stochastics
Understanding your emotions
- Trading psychology - understanding our natural human biases
- Managing emotions when holding winning or losing positions
Trading Strategy Development
- Structured S-T-E-M approach
- Straddle trade
- Pivot point trading
- Holy Grail trade
You May Also Be Interested in
12 Weeks | Start 8 January
ONLINE | ON CAMPUS | BLENDED